New feature: Rating member posts
Here’s a new feature that we’ve recently added to OngoingWorlds. There’s nothing better than receiving feedback to help you improve your writing. We’ve added a new feature that allows you to rate other posts to let the author know how good it was.
How to rate posts
When you read through posts in your game written by other members you’ll see 5 stars at the bottom. These will show the current rating for the post, showing the average rating that everyone else has given.
See your ratings
When you login to OngoingWorlds you’ll be shown your personal profile where you will see all the ratings you’ve been given, and in which game. All ratings are anonymous, and you won’t be able to see who rated you.
Why did we add this?
Many people work really hard on the stories they create in their roleplaying games, and think about how often you congratulate them on writing a really good story. This is just one of the ways we’re hoping to make contributors feel like they’re getting something back for all the hard work they put in. If people like their post, they only have to click to give them a great rating.
Another way to reward your members might be to give them an award but this is only something that a moderator in a game can do, rating another members post is something that any member of your game can do.
Don’t forget to tweet and like your posts
Also bundled into this latest update of the website, we’ve added a Facebook “like” button, and Tweet button. Clicking these will share the post to your followers and friends, and help advertise your game. One of your friends might be really interested in joining but won’t know about your game unless you tell them!
- Way With Worlds: Heroes and Villains – Dark Mary Sues
- Need a Scifi Avatar for your character? There’s a website for that!
- New category: Adventure
- The new Hero membership
- Way With Worlds: Heroes and Villains – The Deadly Hero
- 11 things to think about before starting a time travel plot
- Thanks Threnody for donating – & introducing the recent donator highlight box
- The freedom of privacy – 4 reasons to make your game private
- How to tell a Mary Sue to stop Mary Suing
- The reason why OngoingWorlds games have to be in English
- Posted this last week - How to tell a Mary Sue to stop Mary Suing in your #RP ow.ly/C2kku #PBEM #RPing #RP 12 hours ago
- Heroes and Villains – Dark Mary Sues wp.me/p38YDa-x7M 14 hours ago
- A quick search for RPers on Twitter has led me to believe there are multiple thousands. Who said there's not as many as there used to be? 16 hours ago